Lecturer in Law
Barrister at Law
PD Dip in Law (UK)
- Teaching Core and Optional Law modules
- Module Co-ordinator
- Organise talks on the Legal Profession
- Sit on various boards at AUM
- Legal Systems
- Legal Skills
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Law: Controversial Issues
- Tort Law
- Family & Child Law
- Principles of Evidence
- Business Law
- Law in Action
- Public Law
- No-Fault Divorce
- Divorce by Mutual Consent
- Comparative Child Law and Divorce Law
- Contributor for Mauritius for the World Bank- Women Business and the Law’s Family Law Project
A Barrister-at-Law by profession, I hold an LLB (Honours) Bachelor of Laws from Middlesex University. I studied the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) at the University of the West of England, Bristol and was called to the Bar of England and Wales, at the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, and was sworn in as a Barrister in Mauritius.
I completed my pupillage at MC Law Offices under the supervision of Yousuf Mohamed, Senior Counsel, at the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions under the supervision of the then Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions, Veronique Kwok Yin Siong Yen (now a Supreme Court Judge) and at Etude A.B Atchia, SA under the supervision of Aboo Bakar Atchia, Senior Attorney.
My main area of practice is child and family law, dealing with issues such a divorce whether by mutual consent or fault, custody, child support, child visitation, alimony, domestic violence, child protection amongst others.
I was a Lecturer in Law at YK Business School on the LLB degree from BPP Law School, teaching modules such as the English Legal System and Skills, Public Law and Administrative Law, before joining Aberystwyth University.
- Football, Badminton, Volleyball and Track & Field Athletics
- Public Speaking – I won the Best Delegation Award at the Model United Nations (MUN) conference before becoming a Chairperson and Coordinator of the conference in subsequent years. I was also a Chairperson of the Model African Union Conference and the Winner of the ICAC Public Speaking Competition.
- I also have an interest in Criminal Law, Evidence Law, Medical Negligence and Personal Injury